What Is Remote Monitoring And Management?
There’s many variants on what Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) is, but in principle it is the ability and supporting processes of supervising and controlling IT systems (such as network devices, desktops, servers and mobile devices) from a remote location.
FirstWave’s RMM is an on-premise solution designed for companies that require high performance from their IT systems and networks. Designed for Managed IT service providers (MSPs), remotely and proactively monitor your network infrastructure, Customer Premise Equipment (endpoints) and IoT. Need scale, no problem.
Each solution is customised based on your needs and is not a one size fits all SaaS platform. You can store as much history as you need, not just what you pay for.
"We take new ideas to [FirstWave] about how we'd like to see their products work and they add our ideas to the product roadmap. The relationship could not be any easier. I consider them an extension of my team."
Chief Product & Operating Officer
"After a long and in-depth search for a network monitoring solution, we found [FirstWave] the best fit for all our needs. With their excellent support, onsite training, and almost unlimited ability to be customized to fit our needs, it was no contest."
Director of Network Services
"NMIS is hands down one of the best data collection monitoring suites we have ever used. The data and enriched alerting it provides is exactly what we were looking for to make data-driven network decisions for upgrade and growth. It has set us on the path from reactive to proactive!"
Director of Network Operations
“After years of having multiple monitoring systems, we finally have a single one that works and is configurable to meet our needs.”
Director of Operations
"Our engineers prefer using opCharts as the speed and responsiveness of the GUI makes it a far more usable product then our previous app."
"With NMIS and [FirstWave] we have a true partner that we can rely on to make sure we are on top of any issues on our network and have good data and analytics to make sure our customers get top-notch service."
Senior Platform Engineer
"As a telecommunications provider with a country wide presence, we rely heavily on to-the-minute alerting, live graphical statistics and reporting. NMIS provides the flexibility to satisfy all of those requirements."
"NMIS for the win! I like that it's agentless, and when you do need support you get quickly connected to engineers, not jumping through hoops and waiting."
Senior Systems Engineer
"Great features right out of the box, such as business rules and the ability to model any piece of equipment. All of the key features can be accessed through the GUI, but I can edit everything in the command line if I need it."
"NMIS is open-source, easy to deploy and maintain. The feature set of this product is amazing as it allows you to monitor every single Network device within our organization."
Core Network Engineer
"It’s not that companies *can* do automation, it's *how* you do automation, and at the end of the day Opmantek showed they were much better at it.’’
Vice President Of Engineering
RMM Software Benefits
The Backbone Of Your Network Management System
Expedite any of the work that they may need to do on IT systems without having to be in-front of the device.
Allows a complete view of the entire IT infrastructure under management.
Provides excellent insight as to the condition and behaviour of the systems under management.
Single place that IT support staff can go to solve technical problems and get a scope of the nature of the problem quickly.
Download Data Sheet
Find out how FirstWave RMM can help you get the right systems in place to automate IT network environment.Free Download Book a call
Remote Monitoring and Management Features
High-Power Out-of-the Box Features for Efficient Network Management
- With our JSON API’s, you can easily integrate your existing platforms into Opmanteks RMM solution.
- Auto-generate tickets from RMM events after deduplication and easy to configure suppression rules making event storms a thing of the past.
- One size fits all rarely works for large network environments. Our team knows this.
- Every IT environment is different.
- The cookie cutter approach offered by SaaS RMM will limit any tailoring and is likely to incur high data storage costs, reducing your historic information considerably (likely to 30-60 days).
Command & Control
- As you grow out of SaaS-based remote management systems are often a good option for micro MSP’s because of the ease of deployment and monthly subscription payments for each monitored instance that make budgeting easy until your client base starts to grow.
- Built on the strength of Linux, with our elastic architecture, scaling is no longer a dream. Scale vertically or horizontally depending on your requirements and size.
- Add-in the ease of simple provisioning of additional servers keeping your RMM scaled right, scaling becomes a reality.
Lower Maintenance & Service Costs
- Lower the maintenance and service costs due to operational equipment being managed equally and efficiently.
The Platform Used By The World's Leading Service Providers
Get A Custom Quote
- Predictable and transparent pricing
- Pricing that scales with you
- Support is always included
FirstWave’s team can help you get a quote that meets your requirements. A 15-minute call is all it takes. This is not a sales call—it’s an opportunity for you to tell us about your organisation’s network management needs.
Ready To Take The Next Step With Remote Monitoring And Management?
Book In For A Guided Demonstration
Book in your custom demo with one of our software specialists to see the power of our network solutions in action. All demonstrations are interactive, personalized, and free.
For Further Information
FirstWave Head Office
FirstWave Technical Support
FirstWave Sales Support
Find out how FirstWave can scale your network
management and cybersecurity of your business?